"If a woman doesn't look like a Goddess in Labor,
then someone is not treating her right."
Ina May Gaskin
Why wait until Labour to be treated like a Goddess?
Because Goddess is who you are really. You are a strong, powerful woman and mother doing a super important job, bringing the next beautiful children to the world and you are amazing. A Goddess. Even if you don’t feel like it... Especially if you don’t feel like it...
If you are currently feeling a million miles away from glowing, vibrant Goddess; If tired, stressed and dogsbody is a better description of where you’re at, then it’s time to do something about that.
Enter Mother Nurture Massage Sessions: Feel your tiredness melt away along with your pregnancy aches as you are gently soothed during 1.5 hours of blissful surrender and healing touch, with the focus 100% on you. Emerge feeling totally renewed and like a human being again. Or even a Goddess.
(Oh and if you don't like the word, so you've already dismissed these sessions and you're running for the exit, hold on just a moment and read on because Goddess or ordinary woman just trying to scrape some me time back you are in for a treat.
"Because the beautiful Mother you are needs mothering too."
Already know this is for you?
Not sure yet and want to check its what you're looking for? Read on to find out.
- Do you love being pregnant but feel run ragged and totally exhausted trying to grow your baby AND hold down your full time job, AND look after the other members of your family, AND keep a social life? And that's before you get to all the preparation for the arrival of your baby.
- Did you thrive on a busy and full schedule and have been surprised to be knocked sideways by the changes to your body and your energy levels now you are pregnant?
- Do you feel stressed and worry that it may be affecting your baby but never seem to find time just to sit and relax together?
Meanwhile that time keeps on flying by at the rate of knots, there seems so much to do and in all the activity and excitement somehow you and your self care get left to last or even left off the list altogether.
You tell yourself that you don’t have time for ‘that kind of luxury’ even though you know how good it would feel. You promise yourself that you will... tomorrow, next week, soon. Before you know it your pregnancy has passed in a whirlwind, all that running around has taken its toll and you are totally spent and doubting your sanity and ability to cope. And that's before the sleepless nights kick in
It’s not too late to turn that around. To take the time to mark this important rite of passage and look after yourself with the same love and devotion you show to others. And get the rest you need at the same time.
The kind of rested that you feel after a full deep nights sleep.
Rest and its close cousin sleep are worth their weight in gold and baby kisses all by themselves and if a good nights sleep is a distant memory for you then rest assured Mother Nurture Massage Sessions will support you to catch up. Sleep deprivation is pretty tough and can leave you feeling slightly mad and desperate but the deep relaxation that you can experience in your treatment will quickly restore your equilibrium and go a long way to filling in the gaps. Studies have shown that 25 minutes of meditation gives the same benefits as over 2 hours of sleep, and you will receive three times that in one session.
That in itself makes your investment worth every penny.
In fact this 'Luxury' is beginning to feel more like a 'must have' every moment.
If you agree and you are ready to book then please click the button below to take your first steps to
reclaim your sanity and humanity.
Bit dramatic? Maybe, but honestly there are more than a few days when I feel like I am losing the plot totally and have no idea how I will get through the day with everyone in one piece. Massage has on days like that been a literal life saver and brought me back from the edge to a person I recognise. So if you are feeling even a little bit like this then go on, do yourself and your baby a favour and dedicate some real nurturing time to you both.
You won't regret it and your baby will love it at least as much as you.
Prefer to learn more about how wonderful the treatments are first?
Read on to find out what exactly you will get in a Nurture Mother Massage treatment.
In your treatment you will feel:
- Special: Every Treatment is individually tailored to your exact needs and wants with a detailed consultation.
- Fantastic: Enjoy a flow of oxytocin and endorphins - the exact same love hormones that will help you in labour
- Safe: Emotional release and energy realignment are my speciality. You can really let go knowing that all is welcome here.
Physically you may:
- Reduce Odema ( swelling in joints) and feel more comfortable
- Release tension in the muscles and promote realignment so you stand tall and strong
- Soften skin and prevent stretch marks.
Your body may be encouraged to:
- Distribute nutrients and fluids to the vital organs including the placenta.
- Support optimal function of body systems to help avoid common complaints such as constipation.
- Aid lymphatic drainage and elimination of toxins from the body leaving you looking and feeling younger and energised.
Emotionally you may feel:
- Calm and centred as you release pent up emotions and restore equilibrium
- Grounded and stable
- Connected to your inner wisdom and your baby.
- Totally blissed out and ready for anything.
Book a Nurture Mother Massage Session today and receive the deep nurturing and emotional nourishment that you, amazing mother and powerful woman deserve as you grow your baby.
Don't just take my word for it, here is what people say...
I am not sure I can put into words the impact that the treatment had on me, as nothing has ever compared. However, for the hour or so that Charlotte worked with me, my body relaxed and my mind was calm and this was followed by 12 hours of deep sleep which was very much needed.
Charlotte made me feel very at ease. I left feeling empowered about my birth choices whatever they may be. It was so much more than just the massage.
I had a nightmare journey getting there but by the time I left I was feeling really relaxed and refreshed.
And of course its not just about you anymore either.
Your baby, your beautiful baby growing inside of you is absorbing everything they need from you to grow physically and also emotionally. All those great benefits, the letting go of stressful emotions and releasing toxins, your baby will reap the rewards of that as much as you. You are gifting your baby beautiful music, pleasurable sensations, and a load of oxytocin all while you get to lie down and do nothing/ Nothing except relax and enjoy too of course.
What's not to love about that?
Now its choice time. You can click the button to book or keep reading to answer all your questions.
All this talk and it's just massage right? Dressed up in fancy words?
Yes and No. Yes Its 'just' pregnancy massage, and 'just' Reiki. But don't underestimate the power of these modalities or the simple message to the universe that investing in yourself in this way sends out. When you come to me you get so much more than a standard sequence of massage moves. I believe in you and I care passionately about you and about birth. That kind of energy is catching so you are off to a good start already. From there, first, we design the session together. I take a detailed consultation where I check in with you how you are physically emotionally and spiritually and we set an intention for the treatment. If this is your first massage I also take care of any practicalities like showing you how to get on and off the table and demonstrating the sidelying position used for pregnancy. You also get to choose your favourite oils, aromatherapy or plain and whether you want music or not. Then we get going with the treatment. I tune in to you, your body and your baby and massage intuitively. I use a blend of massage techniques and healing Reiki holds to touch you at all levels of your being. I often close my eyes to see better as I connect with your body and soul. As I massage it can look like a flowing dance as I connect into the energy of the Earth Mother, the birthing field energy and your energy and work to bring everything into alignment.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese word that may be translated as ‘universal life force energy’. Rather like a radio being tuned to the radio waves I and my hands act as a channel to allow the life energy to flow and harmonize your energy levels. The Reiki energy is an intelligent energy that flows directly to the area of highest need. It encourages the natural innate healing abilities of the body to work efficiently promoting deep healing. Typically, you may feel warmth from my hands and you can very quickly enter a state of deep relaxation which is beneficial in itself. In that relaxation you may feel peaceful and serene and you may sense your energy systems being realigned. All you have to do is relax and enjoy. (You can read more about the history and use of Reiki here)
You mentioned choosing oils. What oils do you use?
Quality and ethics are important to me and I use the best oils I can find. The quality of the oils make a big difference to their effectiveness. After research I chose NHR Organic Oils. This is a company based in Brighton that was the first company in the world to specialise in and sell exclusively certified organic Essential oils. They pride themselves on the purity and effectiveness of their high quality oils. They also value the larger picture and give back to charities, and use recycled packaging among other measures that ensure their business is ethical and personal. I have a range of plain carrier oils including almond oil, sunflower oil and currently two different preblended aromatherapy oils. Like all my work you choose intuitively by smell which one you are drawn to on the day. As they are all organic you can be assured that only goodness is being absorbed into your skin, the largest organ of the body.
And Music, what kind of music do you have?
I have a variety of different relaxing music ranging from soothing instrumental tracks to mantras and hypnobirthing CDs. These include Deva Premal, Snatnam Kaur. Depending on your mood you may also enjoy silence. A unique and pretty special option is to make use of my surround sound system and immerse yourself in a delightful blend of nature sounds and gentle music.
That sounds amazing, tell me more.
Yes it is! These tracks are the music I dreamed of when I was pregnant. Living in a city and being a a wild nature woman at heart I love to take every opportunity to bring a bit of the wild back to the city. My garden is one place I do that and my treatment room is another. The table is right in the middle of the speakers and the sound completely envelops you and caresses you really bringing the nature to life. Pregnancy is a time of primal reconnection, you may already notice your heightened awareness and sensitivity, Sometimes the fast pace and noise of the city can jar and your time in nature will support you to feel grounded and stable. Of course you can get out in parks, your garden and go out on trips to the countryside. But now you can also come for a wonderful nurturing nature filled journey without leaving the city. Try it out with this free taster track (available in stereo or surround sound). These nature tracks are ideal to support you if you are using hypnobirthing visualisations that include visiting a special place to go to during labour.
Click on the picture to listen to some music samples.
What else is special about your pregnancy massage treatments?
- Safety: People feel safe in my presence and able to tell me things they would not normally tell people. I am totally comfortable with emotional release and this supports people to really surrender and let go in a session.
- Listening: I listen with my ears to what you say. I listen with my whole being to what you are saying beyond the words. I feel into the whole energy consciousness of both what you want and what you need and I let myself be guided by my intuition. You will feel heard and seen and validated on a very deep level and that is powerful stuff.
- Intuition: I work intuitively and no two sessions are alike. This gives me total freedom to respond to how you are on the day. With the listening and embodiment and the power of the intention you set in your consultation you have all the elements for a powerful treatment.
- Embodiment: I believe in you and I embody that trust in you, your body and the birth process. This is catching and many clients have reported that even after one session they feel more confident and empowered about giving birth.
- Power of intention:You set a healing intention and I consciously support that during the session.
- Love: I care. I really do. About you, about your baby and about the future of humanity. When I am working with women my heart opens in love and gratitude and I can feel the power of that touching you. The electromagnetic field of the heart is measurable and extends several feet beyond the body. The loving embodied field of confidence is part of what you receive when you choose to come to Birthessence and it feels divine.
- Reiki Box: When you book a treatment with me your name goes in my Reiki Box for a week. I regularly send Reiki to the box and all those named withing. This means that after your session you continue to receive additional Reiki energy to support your integration and healing.
- Giving Back: It feels good doesn't it? To know that for every pound you spend on yourself a percentage of that is going to support others. BirthEssence currently supports Acacia, a local charity supporting women and their families with postnatal depression
I'm a little shy. Do I have to get undressed?
Yes, my massage is holistic oil based massage and you need to be undressed to benefit. My room is private and cosy and I aim to make you at ease. You may change in private whilst I wait outside the room. You will be covered by lovely thick towels and I only uncover the part of you I am working on.
If you would prefer to be clothed then I can do a pure Reiki treatment.
Bear in mind if you have such a strong shyness about your body and being seen this may affect your birth experience and you may benefit from a 1:1 Transformation Session.
How many treatments should I book?
Entirely up to you. If you are looking for a one off treat before you give birth or to honour your rite of passage then one is all you need!
If you have some aches or find yourself getting stressed and tired you may benefit most from a package. The benefits from more treatments are often cumulative. Rather than emotions and toxins building up until they are ready to explode, they will be soothed and you will feel more calm and centred in your daily life.
Personally I love to receive treatments regularly. I say it keeps me sane. You could say it's like filling up the tank to weather against the inevitable testing moments that come with being a mother.
And of course your baby's whole world is you, so you can feel good knowing that all that loveliness is being passed straight on to your baby.
If you are new to massage or new to me then a shorter taster session may be perfect. These are 30 minutes and the price can be fully offset against your first full length booking so its a fantastic deal and a win : win all round.
How soon can I come? Can I come in the first three months?
Yes. I am fully insured to treat you throughout your pregnancy with no limitations. The first three months is often avoided because you may be feeling nauseous and generally rubbish and there is a higher risk of miscarriage but if you feel you would like a treatment then my doors are open.
I'm classed as high risk. Can I still have a massage?
If you have any doubt then please ask your midwife/consultant. Usually the answer is yes and they will be able to confirm this for you. Pregnancy Massage and Reiki can be extremely beneficial and the techniques I use in pregnancy are very gentle. I take a full consultation and take into account your individual needs.
I'm X weeks and I really don't want to travel in case I go into labour. Will you come to me?
Yes. Your investment for my time and petrol starts at £10 depending on distance and I will travel up to half an hour from my home. Due to the extra time it takes this is usually possible on weekends only, unless you live just around the corner. Ask me and I will see what we can arrange.
I'm 41 /42 (insert number here) weeks and they want to induce me. Can you help me get labour started?
Yes I can help you and I want to be very clear about what I do and don't do. There are unprecedented levels of induction and an unbelievable lack of trust that baby knows when the time is right to be born. With the pressure to induce before a certain date it is very sad to hear women going to desparate measures to start labour, often getting stressed which of course is counterproductive in itself. What I do is use the Nurture Mother Massage Session to gently bring you back to you and to your own intuition. I don't try and force the baby out. I do have a beautiful option in which we combine guided visualisation and a taster of my 1:1 work with a luxurious pampering massage. The relaxation may be enough to set things in motion. The taster of the 1:1 may bring you into alignment with the smooth unfolding of your birth. Sometimes communicating the situation to your baby in such a sacred still space is what is needed. You will enjoy the time spent connecting with your baby.
If you hold deeper fears and can feel there are some unresolved issues preventing birth then you may like to look at my 1:1 transformation work instead.
I think that's everything. If you have any more questions that I have not answered please contact me and I will do my best to answer them.
So that's it...End of Page.
Ready to Book?
Get Your Free Fear Release Guided Visualisation below.
Feeling scared and nervous about giving birth?
Sign up and start letting go of your fear straight away.